Analysis of options for safer and more user-friendly e-Identity implementation 366 views
Due to above mentioned facts and taking into account current trends in the EU countries as well as the development of information technology it is essential to provide to the citizens and businesses safe, simple and modern e-signature and e-identity concepts. A detailed analysis of the options available to achieve this goal was performed in order to prepare legal, organisational and technical bases for the introduction of an e-identity which will allow unique e-identification and creation of a qualified electronic signature. A detailed analysis of the options available was performed in order to prepare legal, organisational and technical bases for the introduction of an e-identity which will allow unique e-identification and creation of a qualified electronic signature. When analysing these goals the following basic objectives for the e-identity system renewal have been identified:
• ease of use,
• broad applicability,
• high level of security,
• protection of personal data,
• ease of integration,
• uniform management,
• relatively quick deployment,
• acceptable cost.
Based on these eight objectives, options were divided into three different sections that were analysed and evaluated independently of each other:
• Section 1: legal options,
• Section 2: identifier models,
• Section 3: different technical implementations.
Final results of the analysis take into account several views; in particular, the following had been considered:
• decision model evaluations results, where individual variants were evaluated by various stakeholders organised in focus groups (service providers in public and private sector, end users (citizens and governmental employees) and interdepartmental working (IWG) group experts),
• consumer representatives opinion,
• opinion of private service provider representatives,
• external legal opinion,
• interdepartmental working group opinion,
• a proposal for a new e-signature, e-identification, e-authentication and related services EU regulation,
• latest projects in other countries,
• results of the STORK project implementation.