Common Methodology for Measuring Administrative Costs 247 views
With the help of the model for measuring the administrative costs individual legislative acts are analysed in such a way that the necessary information and data (IO - information obligation) are defined and further divided into specific activities to be undertaken by a company (individual or an organization) to provide the necessary information required by legislation. IO is regarded as any additional obligation in the form of new procedures imposed on the parties (more difficult exercise of rights and legal interests, submitting additional documents or more complex documents etc.) resulting in higher costs and time-consuming procedures. This defines measurable administrative activities.
Strengths of the common methodology:
- A systematic review of the Act and associated implementing regulations;
- A comprehensive overview of the relevant area with the acquisition of information on burdens;
- The possibility of comprehensive system solutions;
- The possibility of simulation of the obtained data, costs, obligations, burdens;
- Quantitative evaluation of obligations;
- Possibility to evaluate the entire field of work, individual rule or regulation or a part thereof;
- Methodology applicable ex-ante or ex-ponte;
- International comparability.